Get an overview of this hotel3-star Edinburgh hotel in Old Town, walk to St. Giles' Cathedral
Popular property highlights
Located in Old Town, this hotel is steps away from Princes Street, St. Giles' Cathedral and Real Mary King's Close. Gladstone's Land and National Gallery of Scotland are also within 5 minutes.
This smoke-free hotel features a bar/lounge, coffee/tea in a common area and a 24-hour front desk. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, express check-out, tour/ticket assistance and multilingual staff are on-site.
All rooms are soundproofed and offer free WiFi and hairdryers. For a bit of entertainment, guests will find flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and other amenities include Egyptian cotton sheets and rainfall showerheads.
Motel One Edinburgh-Royal
Motel One Edinburgh-Royal features tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff and coffee/tea in common area. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Edinburgh's hotel also offers an Express checkout service and a lift service.
Motel One Edinburgh-Royal is a smoke-free property.
- Luggage storage
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Express check-out
- Built in 2013
- Total number of rooms - 208
- Number of floors - 7
- Free WiFi
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Premium bedding
- Soundproofed rooms
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Rainfall showerhead
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Wheelchair accessible
Where to Eat
Continental breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
One Lounge – This lobby lounge only serves light fare.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 6 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of GBP 5 per pet, per night.
- 2 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, contact the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No on-site parking is available.
- Fee for continental breakfast: GBP9.50 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP5 per pet, per night
- Motel One Edinburgh-Royal Hotel
- Motel One Hotel
- Motel One Edinburgh-Royal
- Motel One
- Motel One Edinburgh-Royal Scotland
We should mention
One child aged 6 years old or younger stays for free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.