Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Edinburgh hotel in New Town, walk to Princes Street Gardens
Popular property highlights
Located in New Town, this luxury hotel is steps away from Assembly Rooms and Scott Monument. Princes Street Gardens and Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre are also within 10 minutes.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a fitness centre and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, coffee/tea in a common area and 24-hour room service.
All 240 rooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, plus 24-hour room service and digital TV. Other amenities available to guests include coffee/tea makers, free bottled water and hairdryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Principal Edinburgh George Street
The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 5-star property consist of A business centre and meeting rooms.
Wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness centre, tour or ticket assistance and multilingual staff.
The Principal Edinburgh George Street is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 8
- Year Built 1775
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Smoke-free property
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 240
- Number of floors - 7
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Towels provided
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge.
Burr & Co – This coffee shop only serves light fare.
Printing Press – On-site restaurant.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 30.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of GBP 30 per pet, per night.
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No on-site parking is available.
- Deposit: GBP50 per night
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP15.95 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP30 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: GBP10
- Late check-out fee: GBP10
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP30.00 per night
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- George Hotel Edinburgh
- George Hotel
- George Edinburgh
- Principal Edinburgh George Street Hotel
- Principal George Street Hotel
- Principal Edinburgh George Street
- Principal George Street
- The George Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.