Get an overview of this hotelHistoric city center hotel close to Chinatown
City Center Hotel
This 19th century heritage hotel is one block from Manchester's Chinatown, 500 meters from the Palace theatre, and close to Piccadilly Gardens, the Manchester Conference Center, and the city's financial district.
The Britannia Hotel - Manchester City Centre has wireless Internet access in public areas and guest rooms, as well as six bars and restaurants.
Televisions in rooms
The 363 guestrooms have dark wood furnishings, armchairs or sofas, cable or satellite TV, multi-line phones, and bathrooms with makeup mirrors and hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Britannia Hotel - Manchester City Centre
Britannia Hotel - Manchester City Centre's nine conference and banqueting rooms accommodate from four to 200 people. The Crystal Suite hosts receptions, conferences, and dinners for up to 200 in its gilded and chandeliered interior. The Cheshire and Lancashire Suites each accommodate up to 80 theater-style or 30 boardroom-style, while the three interconnecting Syndicate Suites each accommodate up to 10 for board meetings. The interconnecting Boardroom and Study, with its dark wooden paneling and gilded wallpaper are used for board meetings of up to 12 and eight respectively. Wireless Internet access and business services, including fax, photocopying, and secretarial services are also available. The multilingual staff speak English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, German, Cantonese, Mandarin, Armenian, and Italian.
This property welcomes pets.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 363
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Television in common areas
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Designated smoking areas
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Number of restaurants - 2
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( GBP 7 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( GBP 7 per 24-hour period )
- Room service (24 hours)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Individually decorated
- Daily housekeeping
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Free newspaper
- In-room safe
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
Where to Eat
Bar Rogue - With its open brickwork, large wooden dancefloor, and bench sofa seating, Bar Rogue is a buzzing Saturday-night hangout. Evening snacks are offered, including burgers, baguettes, jacket potatoes, and spicy curries.
Cromptons Bar - Furnished with antiques and a grand piano, Cromptons Bar serves cocktails, aperitifs, and digestifs until the early hours.
Jenny's Restaurant - This 210-cover restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Traditional British fare, such as roast leg of Welsh lamb or Scottish salmon, is served in a relaxed setting. A mezzanine-level bar serves drinks.
The Overstuffed Pizza - Open from mid-morning until late evening, The Overstuffed Pizza serves Italian food and drink, from an espresso coffee to a selection of pizzas, pastas and panninis. Chrome railings and glass lanterns set off a contemporary decor of warm fabrics and tinted beechwood furnishings.
Wave Bar - Situated next to Bar Rogue, the Wave Bar offers all-day snacks, including burgers, baguettes, jacket potatoes and spicy curries. With its scroll-down TV screen showing the latest music videos and sporting events, it is a popular meeting venue.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time ends at 2 PM
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 10.00 per pet, per stay (maximum GBP 25 per stay)
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Breakfast fee: between GBP 10.00 and GBP 15.00 for adults, GBP 5.00 and GBP 10.00 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 7 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: GBP 7 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: GBP 10.00 per pet, per stay (maximum GBP 25 per stay)
- Britannia Hotel Manchester City Centre
- Britannia Manchester City Centre
- Hotel Manchester City Centre
- Manchester City Centre Hotel
- Britannia Hotel