Get an overview of this hotel5-star luxury hotel, walk to Manchester Palace Theatre
Popular property highlights
Located in the heart of Manchester, this luxury hotel is steps from Canal Street and Manchester Palace Theatre. Bridgewater Hall and Deansgate Locks are also within 10 minutes.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a fitness centre and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a 24-hour business centre and self parking.
All 270 rooms provide conveniences such as fridges and coffee makers, plus complimentary wireless Internet access and flat-screen TVs with digital channels. Guests will also find 24-hour room service, free bottled water and hairdryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Principal Manchester
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 5-star property offers access to A 24-hr business centre, a limo/town car service and a meeting room.
Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access. Event facilities measure 25446 square feet (2364 square metres). This Victorian hotel also offers a fitness centre, multilingual staff and concierge services. On-site parking is available (surcharge).
The Principal Manchester is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness centre (discount)
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Built in 1902
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2364
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business centre
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 25446
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 270
- Television in common areas
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 5
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- In-room safe
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
The Refuge by Volta – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of GBP 30 per pet, per night.
- Dogs and cats only
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: GBP15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: GBP20.00 per day
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 15 24 hours
- Pet fee: GBP30 per pet, per night
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Palace Hotel Manchester
- Palace Hotel
- Palace Manchester
- Principal Manchester Hotel
- Principal Hotel
- Principal Manchester
We should mention
Children aged 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guest rooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.