Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly New York hotel in Bowery, near New York University
Popular property highlights
Guests say they love
- Good location
- Good for sightseeing
- Overall property condition
- Clean guestrooms
This family-friendly New York hotel is located in the entertainment district, within 1 mi (2 km) of Comedy Cellar and New York University. Federal Reserve Bank of New York and National September 11 Memorial are also within 2 miles (3 km). 2 Av. Station is only a 5-minute walk and Bowery St. Station is 5 minutes.
2 restaurants, a nightclub and 6 bars/lounges are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a 24-hour health club, 2 coffee shops/cafés and a rooftop terrace are on-site.
All 367 rooms offer comforts such as Tempur-Pedic beds and Egyptian cotton sheets, plus complimentary wireless Internet access and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Other amenities available to guests include fridges, free bottled water and hairdryers.
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel features a 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, and guests can grab a coffee at one of the 2 coffee shops/cafés. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's 6 bars/lounges. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access.
This family-friendly hotel also offers a nightclub, a rooftop terrace and tour or ticket assistance. On-site parking is available (surcharge).
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Babysitting or childcare
- Rooftop terrace
- Number of bars/lounges - 6
- 24-hour front desk
- Billiards or pool table
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 5
- Built in 2017
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 367
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 16
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Number of bathrooms -
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Tempur-Pedic mattress
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11:30 AM.
Public Kitchen – On-site restaurant.
Louis – On-site coffee shop.
Diego – On-site cocktail bar.
The Roof – On-site rooftop bar.
Lobby Bar – On-site lobby lounge.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles are featured at the hotel. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness centre.
- Free bicycles on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of USD $100 per accommodation, per stay.
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: USD 50 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night
- Pet fee: USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
We should mention
Up to 2 children aged 12 years old and younger stay for free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.