About this activity
What's included, what's not
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Coffee and/or Tea
Cleaning and safety practicesSee all
- Contactless payments
- Vehicles and venues disinfected
- Equipment sanitised between use
Know Before You Book
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Most travellers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
Safety measures take constant changes followed by regulations in Iceland, made by the Icelandic government and the Icelandic Directorate of health.
Departure time: 9:00 PM
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
The Northern Lights, Iceland’s magical but hard to catch natural light show, elude many visitors who travel to Iceland seeking them but don’t know where to look.
The Northern Lights are most brilliant on a dark winter nights. They are magnificent and one of the most beautiful natural phenomena that exists.
Join us on a guided tour to hunt for the spectacular and elusive Northern Lights display.
On this tour you travel in a comfortable, heated minibus while your guide searches for the best location to view the Northern Lights. Your guide will also explain the science of how the Northern Lights display occurs.
When the Northern Lights appear, your guide will offer to take photos for all participants, so you don’t have to bring a professional camera or be a professional photographer to join this tour. This tour is an ideal opportunity to get the most of your time in Iceland.
Duration: 5 hours
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitised between use
- Contactless payment for service charge and add-ons
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
This information is provided by our partners
- Reykjavik Capital Region
- Traveler pickup is offered General pick-up time is between 8:30pm and 9:00pm. At approximately 6pm on the evening of the tour we will email you to confirm your pick-up place and time. Your pick-up place will depend on the location of your accommodation: 1. If you are staying within the Reykjavik City Restricted Area, we will pick you up at one of the designated bus stops. When you notify us of your accommodation, we will let you know which bus stop is the closest one to you. 2. If you are staying outside of the restricted area, we will pick you up at your accommodation. In the email we will also give you a more accurate pick-up time (+/- 5 minutes) so that you won’t have to stay out in the cold for too long while waiting for the tour bus.
- Reykjavik Capital Region
Best Deals on Things to Do
Experience the wonders of the world up close with great deals on things to do near and far. Expedia offers one-of-a-kind activities that allow you to explore Reykjavik your way. Whether you love nature, culture, food or a bit of adventure, we have the perfect activity for you.
Top Experiences in Reykjavik
With so many things to do in Reykjavik, planning the perfect day out may seem like a daunting task. Expedia is here to take the hassle out of finding the best attractions, tours and activities in Reykjavik. Families, couples and business travellers can all find the perfect activity in Reykjavik to create life-long memories with the help of Expedia.