Pompeii Day Trip from Rome with Mount Vesuvius or Amalfi Coast option
4.7/54.7 out of 5
- Skip-the-Line entry to UNESCO World Heritage site, Pompeii
- Discover the ancient ruins of Pompeii with an expert guide
- Walk up to the top and explore the crater of Mt. Vesuvius
- Upgrade to visit the Amalfi Coast and the town of Positano
- Transport in a comfortable private coach
Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and Positano Day Trip from Rome
Live commentary in English. Enjoy three of the most famous and beautiful sites in Italy in a single day trip from Rome, with a small group of up to 24 people. In a comfortable, air-conditioned coach you will be led by a dedicated and enthusiastic tour guide to discover the wonders of Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and Positano. Enjoy Skip-the-Line entry to Pompeii where an expert, English speaking, local guide will bring to life the ancient city as you wander the streets that have been frozen in time since the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. Discover the beauty of the Amalfi Coast as you leisurely drive down to the most beautiful seaside village in Italy, Positano, where you can enjoy free time for an afternoon walk through the local shops, or simply sit back and soak in the views while sipping a limoncello.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM ALL PASSENGERS: You MUST provide all passenger names at the time of booking in order to visit Mount Vesuvius or you may be refused entry.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible. We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our tours.
- From early November to March the Vesuvius isn't accessible and it is replaced with Positano. Also during summer months in rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors, therefore, if this is the case, it is replaced with a visit to Positano where you wi
- When Vesuvius option is selected: in rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors. If this is the case, it will be replaced with a visit to Positano where you will get free time to explore the city.
- Please be advised that in the case of events beyond our control, we may need to adjust our itinerary to ensure the safety, quality, and satisfaction of your travel experience.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
Travel from Rome to one of the most famous archaeological sites, the incredible ancient city of Pompeii, where you will enjoy a Skip-the-Line access, in a comfortable air-conditioned private coach, entertained all the way by your expert English-speaking tour leader.
The eruption in AD 79 spelled a fiery end for Pompeii, but the catastrophe also almost perfectly preserved the port city under layers of Volcanic ash. Thousands of years later, you can still explore the eerie streets and step inside homes, bathhouses, fast food places and outdoor theatres. As you walk independently, it won’t be difficult to imagine the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town!
Our day trip doesn’t end here, a short coach ride and a half-mile hike from the car park takes you to the sometimes still-steaming crater of Mt. Vesuvius. Stand at the epicentre of that ancient disaster and feel awe at the utter devastation it must have caused. Then, turn and enjoy the contrast: the crater offers the most stunning view of the sun-drenched Bay of Naples.
In winter and when the Mt. Vesuvius is closed for hiking, your coach will follow the coastline to Naples, the beautiful “city by the bay”. Naples sits in an incredible natural context crowned by Mt. Vesuvius, continental Europe’s only active volcano, the islands of Capri and Ischia, not to mention this ancient city’s baroque domes and architecture.
You’ll have ample free time to walk around the city centre, to take in the atmosphere of this buzzing city, with its iconic Castle Nuovo, also called Maschio Angioino, one of the symbols of the city, the famous Umberto I Gallery, an art deco masterpiece of glass and iron, the monumental Plebiscito Square, where you may want to savour an authentic Neapolitan coffee or some of the delicious local pastries, while watching the world go by.
You can also decide to upgrade and discover the Amalfi Coast instead of Mount Vesuvius. Be amazed by the beauty of the Amalfi Coast as you leisurely drive down to, arguably, the most beautiful seaside village in Italy, Positano. Here you can enjoy free time for an afternoon walk through the local shops, or simply sit back and soak in the views while sipping a limoncello or enjoying a gelato!
More you might like for your dates
Pompeii Half-day Trip from Naples4h4.3/5(792)Free cancellation available
Price is €65 per adult