Salzburg Day Trip by Train
4.7/54.7 out of 5
- Scenic tour & train journey through the Bavarian Alps
- Strolling through the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Exploring famous sites that appeared in *The Sound of Music*
- Impressive views of the iconic Hohensalzburg Castle
- Leisure time to explore the city at your own pace
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 5 and younger are complimentary.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST present a valid passport on the day of the activity.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
- If you book a student rate, you must bring a valid student photo ID to verify your name and age.
- Check-in is 20 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
Visit Mozart's hometown to discover a UNESCO World Heritage Site and iconic locations from The Sound of Music on a guided full-day rail tour to Salzburg. Stroll through some of the best-preserved medieval buildings in Europe and enjoy scenic views of the snow-capped Bavarian Alps.
Ride through the mountains on a comfortable train before arriving in Salzburg. One of the world's most popular film tourism destinations, the city hosts the birthplace of Mozart and a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the historic Old Town.
Your knowledgeable guide shows you the major sites on a 90-minute guided walking tour. Discover city squares and fountains, the stunning Domkirche Cathedral, palaces, pleasure gardens, churches, monasteries, and catacombs, as well as confectioneries and patisseries.
Next, enjoy 3 hours of leisure time to explore the city centre at your own pace. Climb up to the 900-year-old Hohensalzburg Castle, whose magnificent edifice dominates the city's skyline, for stunning panoramic views. Take a walk to sites that appeared in “The Sound of Music,” such as the Mirabelle Gardens where Julie Andrews and the children sang “Do-Re-Mi,” before returning to Munich.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided
More you might like for your dates
Munich: Hop-On Hop-Off Tour1d+4.0/5(162)Free cancellation available
Price is €20 per adult