9:20am-Gresham Hotel 09:20
Tour departing at 9:20am from The Gresham Hotel, O'Connell Street23 O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin, D01 C3W7
9:40am-Ballsbridge Hotel 09:40
Tour departing at 9:40am from Ballsbridge Hotel, Pembroke Road (Bus Stop at Gate)
10am-Dun Laoghaire Ferry 10:00
Tour departing at 10am from Dun Laoghaire Ferry TerminalSt Michaels WharfDun Laoghaire HarbourDun LaoghaireCo Dublin
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years (this tour is not suitable for infants)
- Minimum numbers apply in winter months. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transport
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travellers
- 1: Ballsbridge Hotel, Pembroke Rd, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, D04 D687, Ireland2: Trinity College, Dublin, Co. Dublin, Ireland
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sandycove, Sandycove, County Dublin
In the morning, meet your guide and coach at one of the central Dublin pickup locations. Grab a comfortable seat and enjoy the drive out of the city, passing sites not commonly seen by tourists such as the exclusive suburbs of Sandycove and Dalkey with amazing sea views. Then cut away form the city and take in rocky coastal scenery as you head into the Wicklow Mountains.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Avoca Kilmacanoge, Kilmacanoge North, Co. Wicklow, A98 CC02, Ireland
This stop brings you to Avoca Handweavers, Kilmacanogue. Enjoy a coffee and homemade scone or shop for fine handmade goods (own expense).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sally Gap, Wicklow Mountains, Wicklow Ireland
Then re-board the coach and head into the Wicklow Mountains National Park and Sally Gap. View the park’s upper slopes, blanketed in heather and bog before stopping at Lough Tay (The Guinness Lake” ) a true wonder and film location for Braveheart, PS I Love You and current series of Vikings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lynhams of Laragh, Ballard, Laragh, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Afterwards, your group will visit a traditional Irish pub for lunch (own expense). Relax, savour Irish home-cooking and sip on a creamy Guinness before heading to the glacial valley of Glendalough.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Glendalough Monastic Settlement, Ireland
Throughout history, visitors have come to ‘the valley of the two lakes’ for its mystical history, archaeology, and unique wildlife. The monastic city of Glendalough, founded in the 6th century by St. Kevin, was once an active locale featuring areas for manuscript writing and copying, an infirmary, guest houses, and a monastery. Now it offers guests a peek into Ireland’s rich cultural history. Enjoy a guided tour of the many sites including the Round Tower, and have some free time to explore on your own. Here you have the option to walk to the Upper lake though ancient forests.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Sugarloaf Drive, Sugarloaf Dr, Kilmacanoge North, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Back on the luxury Coach for a free tot of Jamerson Whisky. Time to talk and think as you start back on our return journey to Dublin. Your 8.5-hour tour drops off at Dublin’s Ballsbridge Hotel or Trinity College in the evening.
- Dublin County Dublin
- 1: The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin, Co. Dublin, Ireland 2: Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, 23 O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin, D01 C3W7, Ireland 3: Ballsbridge Hotel, Pembroke Rd, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, D04 D687, Ireland
- Dublin County Dublin