If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll notice plenty of new restrictions and standards in place. Follow these tips and make your escape to Arizona a smooth one:
- Investigate if any restrictions apply to both your origin and destination. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so remember to check before you book your flight.
- When you go through airport screening, do not remove your face mask. You will be required to lower it briefly for identification purposes. Passengers who refuse to wear a face mask may be fined and denied entry.
- To reduce the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your pass directly to a TSA agent.
- TSA now permits passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on bags. This will need to be removed from your bag for X-ray scanning.
- To reduce handling during the screening process, put items such as your belt, phone and wallet into your carry-on instead of into the bins.
- Transport any food items in a clear plastic bag and also put them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on means it’s less likely a TSA employee will need to open your bag for inspection.