Expedia Inc Web Site Terms, Conditions, and Notices
Last revised on 10 December 2020
Agreement between customer and Expedia, Inc.
This Web site is offered to you, the customer, by Expedia, Inc., 1111 Expedia Group Way West, Seattle, WA 98119, USA., conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. Your use of this Web site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions then you are not authorised to use this Web site
USE OF THE WEBSITE
The content and information on this Website (including, but not limited to, price and availability of travel services), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us or our Suppliers and providers. While you may make limited copies of your travel itinerary (and related documents) for travel or services booked through this Website, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through this Website. Additionally, you agree not to:
- use this Website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Website;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of this Website (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any travel services) for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of this Website into any other website without our prior written authorization.
If your booking or account shows signs of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity, Expedia may cancel any bookings associated with your name, email address or account, and close any associated Expedia accounts. If you have conducted any fraudulent activity, Expedia reserves the right to take any necessary legal action and you may be liable for monetary losses to Expedia, including litigation costs and damages. To contest the cancellation of a booking or freezing or closure of an account, please contact Expedia Customer Service.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, PHOTOS AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
From time to time we may offer customers incentives to leave hotel reviews (ie hotel discount coupons/entry into prize draws etc). As it is important to us that hotel reviews are impartial and honest, these incentives will be available to customers regardless of whether the hotel review is positive or negative.
You are fully responsible for the content of your Submissions, (specifically including, but not limited to, reviews posted to this Website). You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website: (i) any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material or content that would violate rights of publicity and/or privacy or that would violate any law; (ii) any commercial material or content (including, but not limited to, solicitation of funds, advertising, or marketing of any good or services); and (iii) any material or content that infringes, misappropriates or violates any copyright, trademark, patent right or other proprietary right of any third party. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any violation of the foregoing restrictions, or any other harm resulting from your posting of content to this Website. You acknowledge that Expedia may exercise its rights (e.g. use, publish, delete) to any content you submit without notice to you. If you submit more than one review for the same hotel/travel product, only your most recent submission is eligible for use.
Any photos you submit must be:
- On topic – All photos must be relevant to accommodation, restaurant, location, or general travel experiences.
- Community/family friendly –
- Do not submit any photos or materials that are illegal, obscene, pornographic, profane, vulgar, offensive or insulting.
- Do not submit photos or materials that invade the privacy or violate any personal right of any person or entity.
- Do not submit photos or information about children or any third parties without their consent (or their parent´s consent in the case of a child under 18 years of age).
- Children under 18 may not submit photos or other materials.
- Original – You may only submit your own photos. Do not submit photos from any other source (personal or commercial). Do not submit photos that infringe the copyright, trademark, or other property right of any third party.
- Non-commercial – Do not submit photos that include logos, branding, promotional material, or any other content intended for commercial purposes.
- No harmful files – Do not submit photos that contain viruses or other harmful code that is either intended or may result in damage to the computers and systems of Expedia and/or those using it.
Expedia claims no affiliation with, or endorsement of any photos that are submitted by end users through our sites.
Expedia's, policies with respect to claims by third parties that the content of the Website, including the content of any Submissions, infringes the copyrights owned by said third party can be found in the Claims of Copyright Infringement section below.
The Google® Translate tool is made available on this Website to enable you to translate content such as user-generated hotel reviews. The Google® Translate tool uses an automated process to translate text and this may result in inaccuracies. Your use of the Google® Translate tool is entirely at your own risk. Expedia, Inc. does not warrant or make any promises, assurances or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the translations provided by Google® Translate.
The Airlines, accommodation suppliers and other suppliers providing travel or other services for the Expedia Companies are independent contractors and not agents or employees of the Expedia Companies or the Affiliates. Expedia, Inc’s liability in respect of these Web site terms, conditions and notices is set out in Article 8 of the General Terms and Conditions for Booking: https://www.expedia.ie/lp/lg-general-booking-conditions, which is incorporated by reference into these Web site terms, conditions and notices.
You agree to defend and indemnify the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers and any of their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of:
- your breach of these Website Terms, Conditions and Notices or the documents referenced herein;
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
- your use of this Website.
No unlawful or prohibited use
As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant to Expedia, Inc. that you will not use this Web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
Links to third-party sites
Software available on this website
Please note that all Software, including, without limitation, all HTML code and Active X controls contained on this Website, is owned by the Expedia Companies, Expedia Affiliates, and/or our respective suppliers, and is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software is expressly prohibited, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. THE SOFTWARE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT.
You acknowledge that the Software and any accompanying documentation and/or technical information is subject to applicable export control laws and regulations of the U.S.A and the E.U. You agree not to export or re-export the Software, directly or indirectly, to any countries that are subject to U.S.A. or E.U. export restrictions.
If a currency convertor is available on the Website, the following terms and conditions apply: Currency rates are based on various publicly available sources and should be used as guidelines only. Rates are not verified as accurate, and actual rates may vary. Currency quotes are not updated every day. Check the date on the currency converter feature for the day that currency was last updated. The information supplied by this application is believed to be accurate, but the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Affiliates, and/or our respective suppliers do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. When using this information for any financial purpose, we advise you to consult a qualified professional to verify the accuracy of the currency rates. We do not authorize the use of this information for any purpose other than your personal use and you are expressly prohibited from the resale, redistribution, and use of this information for commercial purposes.
BANK AND CREDIT CARD FEES
Some banks and credit cards impose fees for international transactions. If you are making a booking from outside of Ireland on an Irish credit card, your bank may convert the payment amount to your local currency and charge you a conversion fee. This means the amount listed on your credit or bank card statement may be in your local currency and therefore a different figure than the figure shown on the billing summary page for a reservation booked on the Website. In addition, a foreign transaction fee may be assessed if the bank that issued your credit card is located outside of Ireland. Booking international travel may be considered to be an international transaction by the bank or card company, since Expedia, Inc. may pass on your payment to an international travel supplier. The currency exchange rate and foreign transaction fee is determined solely by your bank on the day that they process the transaction. If you have any questions about these fees or the exchange rate applied to your booking, please contact your bank.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
All contents of this Website are © 2020 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Expedia, Inc. is not responsible for content on websites operated by parties other than Expedia, Inc. Expedia, Expedia.ie, Expedia.com, ASAP A Sudden Amazing Price, Elite Plus, Expedia ASAP, Expedia Local Expert, Expedia Rewards, Expedia Secret Saver, Expedia!Fun, Expedia QuickConnect, Expedia To Go, Expedia Travel Trendwatch, Insiders’ Select, Local Expert, Park And Away, QuickConnect, Strand-Insprirator, Traveler Opinions, Trend Tracker, Trendwatch, TripAssist, Tripcontroller, Vacation Deprivation, Where You Book Matters, the AgentRez logo, the Best Price Guarantee logo, the Elite Plus logo, the Expedia Insiders’ Select logo, the Expedia Local Expert logo and the Airplane logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos and product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
If you are aware of an infringement of our brand, please let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We only address messages concerning brand infringement at this email address.
Expedia respects the copyrights of others. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a written notice that includes the following information. Please note that we will not process your complaint if it isn't properly filled out or if the complaint is incomplete:
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed.
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing the copyrighted work, and information that will allow us to locate that material on the Website, such as a link to the infringing material.
- Your contact information so that we can reply to your complaint, preferably including an email address and telephone number.
- A statement that you have a "good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- A statement that "the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- The notice must be signed by the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices with respect to this Website should be sent to us by email to email@example.com for the fastest resolution.
We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above. If we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we may notify the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that he or she can make a counter notification.
For any additional questions regarding this process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expedia has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Expedia's sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Expedia may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Website and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. If you believe that an account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer, please provide information sufficient for us to verify that the account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer when filing your notice.
Expedia does not tolerate false claims of copyright infringement. If you believe that content that you posted to our Website was mistakenly removed due to a false claim of copyright infringement, then you can submit a Counter-Notice. When we receive a properly completed counter notification, we will forward it to the complaining rights owner.
To file a counter notification with us, you must provide a written communication by fax or regular mail that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that content is not infringing the copyrights of others. If you are not sure whether certain material infringes the copyrights of others, then we suggest that you first seek legal counsel.
To expedite our ability to process your counter notification, please send us your notification using the following format:
- Identify the specific content that was removed or disabled by mistake. Indicate where that content appeared on Expedia’s Website. Please provide the URL address if possible.
- Provide your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Expedia, Inc. may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the party who reported your content, or that party’s agent.
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the content identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification.”
- Sign the paper.
- Send the written communication to the following address:
Attn: IP/Trademark Legal Dept., DMCA Complaints
1111 Expedia Group Way West
Seattle, WA 98119
For any additional questions regarding this process for Expedia, please email us at email@example.com.
Modification of these terms and conditions
Expedia, Inc. reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Web site is offered.
This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Web site. Use of this Web site is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
For customer service issues please click here. For other issues, please address correspondence to:
Expedia Customer Relations
PO Box 70720
LONDON EC1P 1GW
Expedia, Inc. may, and you may not, assign, convey, subcontract or delegate rights, duties or obligations hereunder.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Expedia, Inc. as a result of this agreement or use of this Web site.
Expedia, Inc.'s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of Expedia, Inc.'s right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Web site or information provided to or gathered by Expedia, Inc. with respect to such use.
If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between, you, the customer and Expedia, Inc. with respect to this Web site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the customer and Expedia, Inc. with respect to this Web site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters, and/or data mentioned herein are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product, or event.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
© 2000 - 2020 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Expedia, Inc., 1111 Expedia Group Way West, Seattle, WA 98119, USA.