The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about substantial changes to the way we travel. If you plan to visit Ireland, the following tips will help you navigate these new challenges and rules:
- Know if any restrictions apply to both your destination and origin. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so check before you book.
- You’re required to wear a face mask at the airport, even at screening checkpoints. Be prepared to adjust your mask for ID verification when asked.
- Instead of handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, position it straight on the reader yourself. Then, hold it up for inspection.
- One liquid hand sanitizer container is now permitted in your carry-on baggage. It must be no bigger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag for X-ray scanning.
- Put any personal items (e.g, keys, phone and coins) in your carry-on rather than a bin to minimize handling during screening.
- If you want to take food on the plane, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to touch your carry-on bag or food container for closer inspection.