If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 outbreak, you’ll notice new rules and regulations in place. Take note of these tips and make your getaway to County Cork go off without a hitch:
- Find out if any travel restrictions apply to your origin and destination before locking in a flight. Also check if there are any requirements you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as testing and quarantining.
- When you pass through airport checkpoints, do not remove your face mask. You will be asked to lower it briefly to confirm your identity. Anyone refusing to wear a face mask may be fined and denied entry.
- Rather than handing a TSA agent your boarding pass, place it straight on the scanner yourself. Then, hold it up for inspection.
- You are now permitted to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on baggage. You’ll need to remove it for X-ray screening.
- Put any personal items (like your phone and wallet) in your carry-on rather than a bin to reduce handling during the screening process.
- Separate any food you’re carrying for X-ray screening. Food items often set off the alarm. Placing them in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA employee to handle and inspect your belongings.