In the era of the COVID-19 outbreak, traveling today comes with a few more challenges than usual. Make a note of these helpful tips before boarding your flight to United Kingdom:
- Investigate the restrictions and rules in both your origin and destination. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so check before you book your flight.
- Requirements state you must wear a face mask throughout your travel experience, even at screening checkpoints. You should be prepared to lower your mask for identification purposes when asked.
- Rather than handing a TSA employee your boarding pass, position it straight on the reader yourself. When that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- One container of liquid hand sanitizer is now allowed in your carry-on baggage. It must be no bigger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag for X-ray screening.
- To reduce handling during screening, place items such as your phone, keys and wallet into your carry-on instead of into the bins.
- If you want to take food through the security checkpoint, place it in a clear plastic bag and then into a scanning bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to handle your carry-on bag or food container for inspection.