COVID-19 has transformed the world in a profound way, and travel has changed with it. The following tips will help you understand the new challenges and get you ready for your vacation in Essex:
- Investigate the rules and restrictions in both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so don’t forget to check before you lock something in.
- When you pass through airport screening, do not remove your face mask. You will be required to briefly lower it to confirm your identity. Travelers who refuse to wear a face mask may be denied entry or boarding.
- To reduce the likelihood of cross-contamination, position your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA employee.
- TSA now permits passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on bags. This will have to be removed from your bag for scanning.
- Put any personal items (like your phone and wallet) in your carry-on rather than a bin to reduce handling during the screening process.
- If you’re taking food on board, place it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to handle your food container or carry-on bag for inspection.