If it’s your first time traveling during COVID-19, you’ll notice a range of new restrictions and rules in place. Take note of these tips and make your getaway to Brazil a smooth one:
- Before committing to anything, check if any travel bans or restrictions apply — in both your destination and origin. Get up-to-date information by checking official government websites.
- Requirements state you must wear a face mask throughout your travel experience, including at screening checkpoints. You should be prepared to adjust your mask for ID purposes when asked by a TSA officer.
- Instead of handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, position it directly on the scanner yourself. After that, hold it up for inspection.
- You are now permitted to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on baggage. You’ll have to remove it for X-ray scanning.
- Place any personal items (like your phone and wallet) in your carry-on instead of a bin to minimize handling during the screening process.
- Transport any food items in a clear plastic bag and also put them in a screening bin. Keeping your food separate from your carry-on means it’s less likely a TSA officer will need to touch and open your bag for inspection.