If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 outbreak, you’ll notice new restrictions and standards in place. Take note of these tips and make your getaway to India go off without a hitch:
- Before you book a flight, find out if any travel bans or restrictions apply — in both your origin and destination. Get up-to-date information by reviewing government and airport websites.
- Keep your face mask on during airport screening. A TSA officer will ask you to adjust your mask to verify your identity.
- You’re no longer required to hand your boarding pass (paper or electronic) directly to a TSA officer. Rather, place your pass on the reader and then hold it up for the agent to visually inspect it.
- You are now permitted to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on baggage. This will need to be taken out for X-ray screening.
- Place any personal items (keys, wallet and phone) in your carry-on rather than a bin to minimize handling during screening.
- If you’re bringing food on board, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a scanning bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA agent will need to touch your food container or carry-on bag for closer inspection.