The COVID-19 pandemic may have changed the way we travel, but it hasn’t deterred our zest for exploring. Here are some tips on how to tackle travel’s new challenges:
- Look into the rules and restrictions in both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so be sure to check before you book your flight.
- Wear a face mask during airport screening. A TSA employee will require you to temporarily lower your mask to verify your identity.
- Rather than handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, place it straight on the scanner yourself. Once that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- TSA now permits passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on baggage. This will need to be removed from your bag for X-ray scanning.
- Empty everything from your pocket, such as your phone and wallet, and put them in your carry-on rather than into bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- If you want to take food on board, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a scanning bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA agent will need to handle your food container or carry-on bag for inspection.