The COVID-19 outbreak has led to big changes to the way we travel. If you plan to jet off to County Galway, the following tips will help you navigate these new challenges:
- Before locking in your flight, find out if any travel restrictions apply — in both your origin and destination. Get up-to-date information by checking government and travel websites.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA officer will require you to adjust your mask for ID purposes.
- Instead of handing a TSA employee your boarding pass, position it directly on the scanner yourself. Then, hold it up for inspection.
- One container of liquid hand sanitizer is now permitted in your carry-on bag. It must not be larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll need to remove it from your bag for scanning.
- Put any personal items (e.g, keys, phone and coins) in your carry-on rather than a bin to reduce handling during the screening process.
- If you’re bringing food on the plane with you, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to touch your food container or carry-on bag for closer inspection.