If it’s your first time traveling during COVID-19, you’ll notice plenty of new regulations and rules in place. Follow these tips and make your journey to Turkey a smooth one:
- Research if any restrictions apply to both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so don’t forget to check before you lock in your flight.
- Wear a face mask even during airport screening. A TSA employee will ask you to temporarily lower your mask for identification purposes.
- Rather than handing a TSA employee your boarding pass, place it directly on the reader yourself. When that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- TSA is now allowing passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on luggage. This will have to be removed from your bag for X-ray scanning.
- Place any personal items (e.g, keys, phone and coins) in your carry-on rather than a bin to reduce handling during screening.
- Transport any food items in a clear plastic bag and also place them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on makes it less likely that a TSA agent will need to open your bag for inspection.