If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll notice a few more rules and regulations in place. Take note of these tips and make your journey to County Kerry a smooth one:
- Before booking anything, see if any travel restrictions or bans apply — in both your destination and origin. Get up-to-date information by checking official government websites.
- When you pass through airport screening, do not remove your face mask. You will be required to briefly lower it for ID purposes. Those who refuse to wear a mask may face civil penalties and may also be escorted from the building.
- To minimize the risk of cross-contamination, position your boarding pass on the scanner yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA employee.
- You’re permitted to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on baggage. This will need to be taken out for screening.
- Put any personal items (phone, wallet and keys) in your carry-on instead of a bin to minimize handling during screening.
- If you want to take food on board, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a scanning bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to touch your carry-on bag or food container for inspection.