If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll notice plenty of new standards and rules in place. Follow these tips and make your journey to County Mayo go off without a hitch:
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before booking your flight. Also check if there are any special conditions you’ll have to follow on arrival, such as undergoing health assessments.
- Wear a face mask during airport screening. A TSA employee will require you to temporarily lower your mask for ID purposes.
- Instead of handing a TSA agent your boarding pass, place it straight on the scanner yourself. Once that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- One container of liquid hand sanitizer is now allowed in your carry-on luggage. It must be no bigger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag at the X-ray machine for scanning.
- Empty your personal items from your pockets, such as your wallet and phone, and place them in your carry-on rather than into bins. This will reduce handling during screening.
- Transport any food items in a clear plastic bag and also place them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on means it’s less likely a TSA employee will need to open your bag for inspection.