With the continuation of the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling now comes with more challenges than usual. Cast your eye over these helpful tips before boarding your plane to Cayman Islands:
- Know if any restrictions apply to both your origin and destination. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so make sure you check before you lock something in.
- When you pass through airport screening, keep your face mask on. You will be asked to lower it briefly to verify your identity. Travelers who refuse to wear a face mask may be fined and denied boarding.
- To minimize the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA officer.
- One container of liquid hand sanitizer is now allowed in your carry-on bag. It must be no bigger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag at the X-ray machine for scanning.
- To minimize handling during screening, put items such as your phone, coins and keys into your carry-on rather than the bins.
- If you want to take food on the plane with you, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA officer will need to touch your carry-on bag or food container for inspection.