The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we travel, but it hasn’t done away with our love of exploring. Here are some tips on how to navigate the new challenges of traveling:
- Before committing to anything, see if any travel restrictions or bans apply — in both your origin and destination. Get up-to-date information by checking official government websites.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA officer will ask you to adjust your mask for ID purposes.
- Do not hand your boarding pass (paper or electronic) directly to a TSA officer. Rather, position your pass on the reader and then hold it up to allow the agent to visually inspect it.
- One liquid hand sanitizer container is now allowed in your carry-on baggage. It must be no larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll need to take it out of your bag for screening.
- To reduce handling during screening, place items such as your phone and loose change into your carry-on instead of the bins.
- Transport your food items in a clear plastic bag and also place them in a screening bin. Separating food from your carry-on means it’s less likely a TSA officer will need to touch and open your bag for inspection.