With new rules, restrictions and safety measures in place, travel looks a bit different in this day and age. Here are a few things to know before you fly off to Bavaria:
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before locking in your flight. Also check if there are any requirements you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as testing and quarantining.
- When you pass through airport checkpoints, keep your face mask on. You will be required to briefly lower it for ID purposes. Anyone refusing to wear a mask may face civil penalties and may also be escorted from the building.
- To decrease the risk of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your pass directly to a TSA agent.
- TSA now permits passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on bags. This will need to be removed from your bag for scanning.
- Place any personal items (keys, wallet and phone) in your carry-on instead of a bin to minimize handling during screening.
- Transport all food items in a clear plastic bag and also place them in a screening bin. Keeping your food separate from your carry-on makes it less likely that a TSA officer will need to open your bag for inspection.