The COVID-19 outbreak has affected how the world works in all sorts of ways, and travel has changed with it. These tips will help you better understand these new challenges and prepare you for your trip to Florida:
- Before you lock in a flight, see if any travel restrictions apply — in both your destination and origin. Stay informed with the latest updates by checking government and travel websites.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA officer will ask you to adjust your mask for identification purposes.
- Rather than handing a TSA employee your boarding pass, place it directly on the reader yourself. After that, hold it up for inspection.
- You are now allowed to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your hand luggage. This will need to be removed for screening.
- Empty your personal items from your pocket, like your small change and phone, and put them in your carry-on rather than into bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- If you want to take food through the security checkpoint, place it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to touch your carry-on bag or food container for closer inspection.