The COVID-19 outbreak has triggered huge changes to the way we travel. If you’re flying to Hampshire, these tips will help you navigate travel’s newest challenges:
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before committing to a flight. Also check if there are any special conditions you’ll have to follow on arrival, such as undergoing health assessments.
- You must wear a face mask at the airport, including at security checkpoints. Be prepared to lower your mask to verify your identity when asked by a TSA employee.
- You’re no longer required to hand your boarding pass (paper or electronic) directly to a TSA officer. Instead, you should place the pass on the scanner and then hold it up for the agent to visually inspect it.
- You can take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on bag. This will need to be taken out for X-ray scanning.
- Put any personal items (like your phone, wallet and keys) in your carry-on rather than a bin to minimize handling during screening.
- If you’re bringing food on the plane, place it in a clear plastic bag and then into a scanning bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA agent will need to touch your carry-on bag or food container for inspection.