- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
Overview of PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel
Choose dates to view prices
Room, 1 King Bed with Sofa bed
Room, 1 King Bed, View (Great View)
Loft, View (Great View)
Room, 1 Queen Bed, View (Great View)
Room, 1 Queen Bed
Penthouse (2 or 3)
About this area
In the city centre, PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel is in New York's Bowery neighbourhood, an area with great shopping. Broadway and Radio City Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's notable landmarks include Brooklyn Bridge and National September 11 Memorial. Looking to enjoy an event or a game? See what's going on at Madison Square Garden, or consider St. James Theatre for a night out.Visit our New York travel guide
- New York University - 13 min walk
- 5th Avenue - 14 min walk
- Brooklyn Bridge - 13 min drive
- One World Trade Center - 13 min drive
- Battery Park - 14 min drive
- 2 Av. Station - 2 min walk
- New York 9th St. Station - 3 min drive
- New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) - 42 min drive
About this property
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
Payment types at the property
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 34.42 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness centre access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Additional inclusions
- WiFi access (may be limited)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 for adults, and USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 for children (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: USD 50 per night
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Service animals are exempt from fees
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Safety features at this property include carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, a first aid kit and window guards.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and guests are provided with hand sanitiser.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- For traveller safety, the following measures are in place: social distancing measures are in place; contactless check-in and check-out are available; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment.
- Individually wrapped food options are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and also through room service.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
We should mention
Frequently asked questions
- Liked: Cleanliness, property conditions & facilities
- Disliked: Staff & service, amenities
Simplicity in design is lovely but minimalistic aesthetic extends to customer service and amenities. Some of the worst customer service I’ve received in 30+ trips to NYC and having to mosh pit through a sea of influencers doing photo shoots, Instagram videos, etc every time I wanted to sit in my hotel lobby or simply enter and exit is unacceptable.