The COVID-19 pandemic may have changed the way we travel, but it hasn’t done away with our zest for exploring. Here are some tips on how to deal with the new challenges of traveling:
- Investigate if any travel restrictions apply to your origin and destination before booking your flight. Also check if there are any requirements you’ll need to follow on arrival, such as mandatory quarantining.
- When you pass through airport screening, do not remove your face mask. You will be required to lower it briefly for identification purposes. Those who refuse to wear a face mask may be fined and denied boarding.
- Rather than handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, position it directly on the scanner yourself. After that, hold it up for inspection.
- You are now allowed to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your carry-on luggage. You’ll have to remove it for screening.
- To minimize handling during the screening process, place personal items such as your keys, wallet, phone and belt into your carry-on instead of into the bins.
- If you’re taking food through security screening, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This lessens the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to handle your carry-on bag or food container for inspection.