The COVID-19 outbreak has triggered substantial changes to the way we travel. If you’re planning an escape to Canary Islands, these tips will help you navigate this new traveling reality:
- Investigate if any restrictions apply to both your origin and destination. It may not be possible to travel depending on local circumstances, so remember to check before you book.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA officer will require you to temporarily lower your mask to verify your identity.
- Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA officer. Rather, you should place the pass on the scanner and then hold it up for inspection.
- One container of liquid hand sanitizer is now allowed in your carry-on baggage. It must be no bigger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag for X-ray screening.
- Remove personal items from your pocket, such as your wallet, phone and small change, and put them in your carry-on rather than into bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- Separate any food you’re carrying for screening. Placing it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA employee to handle and inspect your belongings.